Epic LA Video Hackathon by YouTube and Google TV
Developers, designers, and entrepreneurs are welcome!
At this event, you will make cool apps, learn about our new APIs, work closely with Google engineers and, have an opportunity to provide feedback on the new APIs.
Makes you want to hack, amirite?
For the Hackathon, please RSVP here as soon as possible. Spots are limited!
Don't want to hack but want to see some cool new apps? Join us for food and drinks on Demo Night! To RSVP, please register here.
See the schedule page for details. The TL;DR summary is that we will meet/hack on Saturday and most of Sunday, then have the demo night start around 5:00pm on Sunday.
You'll need to bring your own laptop for hacking, but we'll have plenty of power and WiFi.
To get started, check out YouTube developer resources at youtube.com/dev. Specifically, check out the new Data API V3 and the new Analytics API.
If you are going to use Google TV or Android, make sure that your development environment is up and running with your favorite IDE. Check that you can run HelloWorld before coming to the event. A more complete set of setup instructions will be available prior to the event.
Designers & Entrepreneurs
Bring your ideas and mad design skills!
The TeamsWe will list the teams here.
- Participant, Participant, Participant
Here are the rules, which are pretty final but might be adjusted for clarity:
#WinningSee the rules for details, but the conditions for winning the hackathon are summarized below:
- Each Application will be evaluated by the Judges based on the following criteria: desirability, feasibility, and viability.
- Judges will evaluate and attribute a score to each Application made up of scores based upon the above-listed criteria.
Depending upon the number and type of entrants, entries may be divided into the following categories:
- (1) New application created at the Contest
- (2) Existing application improved or ported at the Contest
- (3) New Google TV-specific application created at the Contest
- (4) Existing Google TV application improved, or existing application ported to Google TV, at the Contest
- Google will announce its final determination (which will be made at its sole discretion) regarding in what categories prizes will be awarded at the Contest.
55" LG Google TV.
Up to 15 Nexus 7 devices - value: $250 each.
And some more cool stuff. See the rules for details.